Monday, August 16, 2010

Oh what a night...

So after dealing with a creeper @ Walmart, I pick up Fallyn & get home...She's sound asleep in bed and I figure since I'm hungry, I'm going to try making a version of this new spaghetti recipe I got from my Ashy.

As I'm turning on the stove-top burner to boil the water, something pops... My entire apt goes black.

What the heck?  Of course I've got my phone in my hand, so I use the light of it to get to the breaker box.  Nothing is flipped.  I flip all of the switches off & back on, and nothing happens.  

Now, I might be an Army version of a "single mom" at the moment but that does NOT mean that I don't know how to flip breakers & get my lights to come back on.  This isn't my first rodeo here.  But nothing is working.  

Fabulous.

Did I mention it's 102 degrees outside still? Even tho it's 9:30 at night? So within this 2 minute span, I'm already sweating and I'm sure poor Fallyn was too, in her longsleeve pj's and blankie in her bed. :(

So I go knock on the door of the couple across from me. Apparently I interrupted their wine-binge movie fest but the hubby comes over to look at the breakers for me (which just irks me that I couldn't fix it- I was going to be mad if it was something simple to fix and I missed it! I AM a competent female! RAWR!)

Said hubby can't figure it out either, even after getting a REAL flashlight and looking at things.  Wife has put on some pants (yes, I just said she had to go put on pants...) and comes over too.  She runs the apt complex that I moved out of in & out of within a week in Dec bc of a bug problem... And she remembers the b*tch fit that I threw to get out of her apt complex.  So YAY for awkward moments...

Side note- I seriously need to invest in a flashlight! I've said this MULTIPLE times over the last year or so.

The hubby calls the main maintenance guy, bc they are friends (yay, connections) and he also calls his boss to see if there's something else he should check.  Perhaps in his buzzed state, he was thinking he was missing something?  He asked me 12 times how it happened!  haha

Well, long story short--- Head maintenance guy shows up about the same time as the guy's boss tells him how to flip something at the MAIN breaker box outside my apt.  Everything comes back on.  Maintenance guy comes in & looks at my stove and apparently some wiring got over-used or too hot (ummm hello it's a STOVE? FIRE? Shouldn't it be MADE to get hot?!) and it grounded out my entire apt.  

So I have lights and air-conditioning but no dinner for me tonight.  Which really sucks because this was the first night I'd actually felt like cooking in FOREVER.

This is how I feel tonight: 

Second side note- ever looked at the word awkward a few times?? It really doesn't look right after a couple of minutes!

2 comments:

  1. LOL! To all of the above. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously... what ... a... night! Lo I'm glad everything got turned back on though!

    ReplyDelete