Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Caution: Serious Post Ahead...

Today has just been one of "those" days... Just a smörgåsbord of issues and heavy thoughts and I'm exhausted.  In fact, I should be asleep but here I sit!

Started out the morning great-- up & dressed earlier than I expected and go out to the car-- flat tire.  *sigh #1*
So I drive to the gas station & put some air in it (yes, I know how to do this myself- I'm not THAT girlie!)

Of course this is my first day back to work since Adam was home... So my wonderful mother in law, who was going to be keeping Fallyn for me, said she'd come up to the tire place & let me take her car to work...

The exchange was made -- I go to work in MIL's shiny red car & she's going to take Fallyn home shortly with her, in my car.  No big deal.  Right?

Until they call & say that now my car won't start and I need a new battery. SERIOUSLY!?  $100+ later, MIL and Fallyn have a car with fully-aired-up tires and a brand new battery (which better be made of gold for $100!).

I really try hard not to gripe too badly about my poor car... I know that Adam gave up his beloved convertible to buy the "grocery-getter, soccer mom mobile" which is my Honda Pilot.  But I've had nothing but horrible luck with this car from the start.  From the issues with the DMV about the registration & inspection, to the cruise control randomly not working, to the buttons on my steering wheel not always working for controlling the radio, to my horn no longer working...

Side-note: The buttons on the steering wheel and the cruise no longer work AT ALL. And Honda wants to charge me $180 to do a diagnostic test on it to see if the issues are covered by my warranty.  Makes sense huh??!

Anyways-- after work, went to pick up Fallyn and exchanged cars again.  Going thru the drive-thru to pick up some dinner from Taco Bell, and find that the auto-window-roll-down button no longer works.  (Yes that's the official technical term for that button, hush).

I just give up.  Honda-50,000pts vs Jennye- 0pts.  I fold, I give, Uncle, I quit, I surrender, I concede, I'm waving my white flag, I have no fight left, I retreat. I'm throwing in the towel. Maybe if I roll over & play dead, my car will realize the fight is no longer fun and retreat in victory & leave me be.

I even bought a cupcake for lunch. And by "a cupcake", I mean two.  It didn't help. And neither did the retail therapy that I did.  I might or might not have bought these shoes:

(Hint: I did)

But to no avail.  My car is still hating me and tomorrow I'll make another lovely car note payment and be happy that it still works at all, right?

2 comments:

  1. oh jennye love im sorry :( i totally hear you on the car troubles - we just dropped almost $1000 to get the altima back up and running >.<

    on the plus side - LOVE those shoes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a terrible day! I am so sorry! I had a Ford Windstar like that at one time in my life....now I have a Honda Pilot! LOL The only thing I don't like about my Pilot (it's a 2008 model) is it won't play MP3's....doesn't even have a place to plug in an iPod! Who makes a car that won't do that in the 21st century????? My Passat (which was a 2005) would play MP3's....I mean REALLY Honda! Get with the program!!

    ReplyDelete